Tuesday, January 25, 2011

January goal...continued after a moment of deep breaths

I needed a moment to say what I just said in that last post. Thanks.

When I Googled "Budgets Suck," nothing came up. Same results with "I Hate Budgets." I went with just "Budgets," and got this:


I don't really think it applies, unless I'm the pilgrim, and the turkey is all the food I won't be eating out again, ever, until I get like three side jobs, or a second income in the form of a another person just giving me money every month.

So I set up a monthly budget on mint.com. I recommend it...if you feel like you have to set up a budget, that is. I MORE recommend just living totally recklessly.

I mean, it was only like 2 hours ago that I was living totally recklessly as opposed to living with a budget, but I'm really missing those times.

There's a reason I waited until the 25th of the month to accomplish this month's only goal...it was mildly devastating to see how much I make vs. how much I HAVE to spend each month (like fixed things...rent...insurance...so many more etc.s...). And you can't really forget that, right? I mean, I guess time will tell, but I'm pretty sure that every time I have a totally unnecessary pair of shoes in hand at DSW, I'll just picture this budget, cry, and leave, empty-handed.

Unless they're like $11. That's in the budget.

Not like I didn't see it coming.

But to see what I have been spending on isht that should've been going to pay down student loans/car/everything was THE worst. And I'm saying it's THE worst on a night when I spent almost 10 hours traveling, didn't eat breakfast or lunch, and was conned into watching TWO basketball games (ok, not the whole games, but some of both, which counts).

I did almost cry at one point when I thought my monthly fixed expenses were more than my monthly income, but then I realized that I input the wrong income. Thank goodness.

But really...do we REALLY need car insurance? Or cars at all? I was, at one point, basically convinced that I need to sell my car, give up cable TV forever, stop going to the gym and start only eating whatever other people have leftover when I go out with them but don't order anything.

I'm ok. I'm ok?? I'm ok.

I just wish I was like...I don't know...8 again. Not really 8 though, because I can't remember if I got an allowance at 8. Actually, I wish I was like 17, before I had bills, when my parents paid for a lot of my food, and when I had bangs. But with this same salary. And without the bangs.



My bangs ratio was the same, but Zooey D is much, much cuter. Seriously. Picture braces, no makeup and less cute. And none of you have any room to say anything, because none of you knew me then. Boom and roasted.

4 comments:

  1. this makes me sad. ;-( but happy for you, i guess. ;-)

    i am sure you were a gem at 17. no, i didn't know you, i'm just sayin'.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can almost find shoes for $11 at DSW.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made a spelling error, an deleted it to retype it, but it left the comment above. All I wanted to say was, "I support this in theory only..."

    ReplyDelete