Friday, September 18, 2009

an open letter to my rental car GPS

Dear GPS--

I know there are Paneras closer to me than LA. I am looking at one right now. Stop telling me the closest one is in LA. And please...when I enter a destination, I will be upset every time that you tell me that I've arrived at my destination, when in fact, I have arrived at an empty field, or an abandoned warehouse. Also, your only job is to get me to the right place via streets and freeways. Ergo, the fact that you pronounce the word "boulevard" "bawugh-lee-vard" is not acceptable. Finally, the fact that I cannot make changes to my destination while moving is unrealistic. I do not know at what point I will want to eat lunch in my four hour car trip, and should not be expected to come to a complete stop on the freeway in order to see what restaurants are around me. Coming to a complete stop on the freeway will likely lead to my death, but I almost did it a few times, just to prove a point.

However, I do owe you and apology for hitting you against the dashboard all those times.

Best--

Shannon Hutchison

No comments:

Post a Comment